Planning Ahead To Suit You.
What Is A Funeral Plan?
A funeral plan is an easy way to pre-arrange the funeral you want and pay for the funeral director’s services covered by the plan in advance. A plan can help to save your family worry and expense, and help make things easier for your loved ones at what is often a difficult time. As our customers often tell us, that can be a big weight off your mind.
It’s a straightforward way to do something amazing for your family. Few people like to talk about their funeral, and an Independent Way Funeral Plan can make things easier for everyone – so that when the time comes, we will then carry out your plan according to your wishes, relieving your family of the stress and financial worry they may otherwise have to face.
Everyone has different needs when it comes to funeral planning, so we make sure all our plans are as flexible as possible. When you get in touch, we will be happy to discuss your funeral requirements and tailor a plan to suit you. Rest assured, our plans are available to everyone, regardless of age or state of health.
A Plan That’s Tailored To Your Needs.
As an independent funeral director, we’ll take the time to understand your wishes and tailor a plan to suit you. We will gladly meet you at our premises or in your home at a time that suits you when it is safe to do so. You can tell us about any preferences you have in mind – the type of funeral you would like to have, hymns, music or any other personal touches – and we’ll make sure your plan takes these into account.
What Funeral Costs You Need To Cover.
As well as the funeral director’s services, which are guaranteed to be covered as set out in your plan, there are other costs you need to consider:
Funeral director services:
These costs are guaranteed to be covered by your Independent Way Funeral Plan. They typically include:
- Professional services and making arrangements for cremation or burial
- Transportation of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral director’s premises, the chapel of rest or other suitable location.
- Care of the deceased and preparations for family viewing if requested
- Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation
- Provision of funeral vehicles
- Advice on bereavement counselling
- Coffin or casket requested
These costs are beyond the control of the funeral director and need to be paid to the relevant third parties, at the time of the funeral. A Golden Charter funeral plan will include a contribution towards these third party costs. They may include:
- Crematorium fee
- Minister or officiant’s fee
- Purchase of grave or lair
- Cemetery fee: the opening of a new or existing grave for burial or interment of cremated remains
- Hire a church or another venue
- Fees of organist or soloist
- Memorial, such as a headstone, entry in a book of remembrance, or the planting of a tree
- Catering, floral tributes and newspaper announcements
Choose How You’d Like To Pay.
Spread the cost or make a one-off payment. Golden Charter funeral plans offer a number of ways to pay for your funeral plan – simply choose the one that’s right for you:
Single payment option
12 monthly payment option
Low-cost instalment option
Fixed monthly payment option
Your Payments Are Safe And Secure In The Golden Charter Trust.
- With a Golden Charter funeral plan, your payments are protected.
- Your money is paid into the Golden Charter Trust* which is run by a Board of Trustees, completely independent of Golden Charter.
- The Trustees are chosen for their skills and experience and safeguard the payments made by our customers.
- They make sure all future funerals can be paid for, which means we can guarantee the funeral director’s services included in your plan will be delivered at the time they are required.
Give us a call today on 01964 534689 and we can go through things with you face to face, and perhaps walk away with a pre-paid funeral plan the same day.